ITTO Explorer is a unique way to explore the Inputs, Tools and Techniques, and Outputs (ITTO) of the project management processes defined in the PMBOK® Guide. The usual slow, boring and painful process of referring to the PMBOK® Guide comes alive with the ITTO Explorer. It brings the entire PMBOK® Guide to your fingertips. It's the fastest way to get your head around the ITTOs. Dump the spreadsheets, and adopt the new way of preparing for the PMP® and CAPM® exams.
Features at a glance
- Explore all 42 Project Management Processes, 5 Process Groups, 9 Knowledge Areas, and 517 ITTOs in the PMBOK® Guide, Fourth edition.
- Group processes by Process Groups or Knowledge Areas.
- Click on any process to view its ITTOs.
- Click on any ITTO to view its "used by" processes.
- Hover the mouse on a process name to view its definition.
- Hover the mouse on an ITTO to view its definition (coming soon).
- Ideally suited for use on the iPad.
Features in detail
- Review project management processes and ITTOs
The ITTO Explorer consists of 7 grids across 3 sections. The top section contains the list of processes grouped by the Process Group. The middle section consists of 3 grids - Inputs, Tools and Techniques, and Outputs. The bottom section also consists of 3 grids - Input for Processes, Tools and Techniques for Processes, and Outputs for Processes. Each grid in the bottom section corresponds to the grid directly above it in the middle section. Here's how it all works:
1. Select a process from the grid in the top section: The Inputs, Tools and Techniques and Outputs of the selected process are populated in the grids in the middle section.
2. Select an Input, a Tool and Technique, or an Output from any one of the three grids in the middle section: The processes where the selected ITTO is used are populated in the grids in the bottom section.
3. Select a process from any grid in the bottom section: The selected process is highlighted in the grid in the top section, and the ITTOs of the selected process are populated in the middle section.
The tool allows you to review the 42 processes and 517 ITTOs very easily and really fast.
- Sort by Process Groups or Knowledge Areas
Right-click on any column header in the Process grid in the top section and change the "Group by" setting to Process Groups or Knowledge Areas.
Hover the mouse on any process in the Process grid in the top section to see that process' definition.